Auto Accident Compensation
If you are seeking auto accident compensation in New York State, there are a few things that you should be aware of. Here is what you should know.
Auto Accident Compensation | Types of Compensation Available
If you’ve been injured in an accident, you may be entitled to damages for the losses you’ve incurred. One of your attorney’s key responsibilities is to fight for maximum compensation. Financial compensation can help to cover out-of-pocket expenses, as well as emotional, physical and financial suffering.
Following a car accident in New York, we will help you fight to cover:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Property damage or property loss
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of normal life
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
Auto Accident Compensation | What to Do After an Auto Accident
Car accidents are frightening experiences, and in the immediate aftermath, the safety of yourself and your passengers should be your chief concern. If you’ve been involved in an accident, there are a few steps you should take to protect your safety and your case:
- Seek Medical Attention – Call 911 and wait for medical assistance. If you are in harm’s way, you should move to a safe location within visible distance of the scene.
- Call Police – Police officers on the scene will seek statements from the involved parties. If you’re able to, provide law enforcement with as many details of the accident and steps leading up to it that you can.
- Collect Evidence – If you are able to, you can begin collecting evidence. Take photos and video of the scene, and ask witnesses for their names and contact information. Additionally, document any injuries you have and damage to your vehicle. You also want to get the insurance contact and name of the other driver.
- Do Not Admit Fault – When talking with police, you should not admit fault. Offer any details that you can about the accident, but avoid talking about whose fault it was. This can hurt your case.
- Avoid Insurance Companies – You are not legally obligated to talk with the other driver’s insurance company. Refer any correspondence to your lawyer.
- Seek Legal Advice – If you’ve been involved in an accident, you should contact an experienced New York car accident lawyer immediately. The sooner you seek legal help, the better. A lawyer will help protect your case and begin the legal process.
If you have been seriously injured in a traffic collision and are seeking auto accident compensation, please contact our experienced New York car accident lawyer to schedule a free consultation.