New York Bicycle Accident Lawyer Were you or someone you love injured while riding your bike in New York? Find out how an experienced New York bicycle accident lawyer can help you obtain the compensation you deserve.
Bicycle accidents can be serious events. Even if the bicyclist doesn’t have a serious injury, their bicycle could be seriously damaged. If you’re involved in a bicycle accident, you have rights. You should contact our New York bicycle accident lawyer to schedule your free consultation. You could be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries, missed time from work, and damage to your bicycle as well as personal belongings you may have had on you at the time of the accident. Read Our FREE Bicycle Accident Guide
The Most Common Causes of New York Bicycle Accidents Most bicycle accidents in New York are caused by:
- Impaired driving of motor vehicles, including driving while under the influence of legal or illegal drugs or alcohol
- Drivers making unlawful turns
- Drivers failing to pay enough attention to the road
- Reckless driving
- Not obeying stop signs, stop lights, yield signs, or other traffic signs
- Hitting a bicyclist with their car door
- Driving in areas that are used exclusively by bicyclists
Steps to Take After a Bicycle Accident If you’re involved in a bicycle accident, take the following steps right away:
- If you can, make sure that you’re no longer in danger. You do not want to be in a place where you’re still in danger of other moving vehicles. If you’re unable to move yourself and your bicycle, make sure that you are visible to other drivers.
- Call 911 if you have a medical emergency. If you cannot call them because your phone is damaged or because of your injuries, ask someone to call 911 for you.
- If you do not have a medical emergency, (such as a head injury, neck injury, back injury, serious lacerations, or broken bones) call the police. Even if you don’t think you’re injured, you need the police to take a report of the accident. This documents the location, date, and time the accident occurred. It will also include information about the driver involved as well as any witnesses. The police will give you the police report number. Pulling a copy of the report will be useful to you in the future. The police can also help you get the name, contact information, and insurance information of the driver involved.
- Get the information of any witnesses who were present at the time of the accident. Witness statements are often an important part of settling or litigating this sort of claim.
- Take photos of the scene, if possible. Make sure that you include photos that document the road conditions, the location of the accident, the damage to the vehicle, the damage to your bicycle, and your injuries.
- Keep copies of medical expenses and either the replacement costs or the repair costs of the bicycle.
- Call our New York bicycle accident lawyer to talk about your potential claim. An experienced New York bicycle accident lawyer at our firm can help you deal with the insurance company and the negligent party. Our job is to help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries, time missed from work, and damage to your bicycle.
Were you or a loved one injured in a bike accident in New York? Contact a dedicated New York bicycle accident lawyer at Krause & Glassmith today to arrange a free confidential consultation. Let us deal with the insurance companies and paperwork so you can focus on your recovery. Read Our FREE Bicycle Accident Guide